Re: Looping with sequencers..

Michael P. Hughes, Ph.D. wrote:

> >>does anyone use a sequencer for looping???? I do, and i'm wondering
> where
> >>the line is, i mean, most of our delays are digital, too...hmmmm.

Yes I use a sequencer (the on board sequencer on my Ensonic TS-10
keyboard) a lot for determining the length of my loops.  The Lexicon
JamMan (and I'm sure others) will use the midi clock to determine the
end of the loop once you've manually started it.  Aside from a few
quirks, it works really well.  Due to a small "popping" problem that
happens at the start/end of the loop due to midi jitter, I'm
reconfiguring my rig so that my synth recieves sync from my JamMan after
I start a loop.  I've done this before and it works well, but you need
to be aware of the tempo and loop length if you don't want some crazy
tempo surprises.

 -- --
Mark

@