Vortex polyrhythms

I just got a new Vortex and was impressed with the polyrhythm capabilities
and
was wondering how you guys may have used this feature?(i just remixed the
Dark
side of the moon,with the help of the vortex..on the second song..Whats the
name?that drum type thing you know...anyway on that part I tapped in the
the
one beat and set up a polyrhythm of 3:2 in the duo mode>I am wonderin' how
you
guys use this jamman feature...
warning...skip the rest of this caca if you already about what polyrhythms
are
and how to count them and such!!

the definition of a polyrhythm ( for those that dont know)
is 2 equally spaced rhythms that occur within the same period of time which
are NOT equally divisible into each other.So if in 2 beats we have 2
quarter
notes(4/4 time sig.) and 8 sixteenth notes occuring at the same time then
this
is NOT a polyrhythm.However if in this same two beats we had both 2 qurter
notes AND 3 other equally spaeced notes we would have a polyrhythm
(woohoo!)
about a year ago I devised a boredom killer that involved my watch...one
exercise was so take the second( 60bpm-duh) and use a polyrhythm tO
calculate
a new tempo..actually this can come in handy if you know the tempo of a
song
you need to play but have no metronome or other way to get the target
tempo...for example a 3:2 polyrhythm gives us a tempo of 90 ..to get 75
use a
5:4 polyrhythm..heres a hard one 8:3 (!) gives 160..and so on..anyway I
would
use my watch to calculate and perform  as many different polyrhythms as I
could (when bored).Actually with just a watch you can accurately calculate
bps
of about 2 tempos per 10bps-in about 5bps increments.they became second
nature
and are no easy to perform...but you may be asking How do I count or figure
out how to count a polyrhythm?lets take  4:5 (in 5 beats there are 4
notes)for
an example...
step 1->multiply the two #s together (4*5=20)
step 2->find a beat division where in 5 beats there will
        be 20 notes(sixteenth notes,or you would know by
        the 4  in 4:5)
step 3->mark every 5th sixteenth note to play...
      ->started with IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
      ->now is       xIII IxII IIxI IIIx IIII

here is 5:4= IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII
     XIIIX IIIXI IIXII IXIII
try to count 8:3 thats prollay one of the hardest...

why do this?how does it help?one instance may be if you play a 3 note
pattern
in sixteenth notes(x/4time)...the accents are the same as in a 3:4
polyrhythm,better funk playing,challenge,music may call for it,rhythmic
freedom,and to simply have a better time feel,ect,ect...blah blah boggle
baggle...

anyways.... see ya round the horn guys
Reeve

How Does this related to Loopin'?