Re:N.A.M.M show

Michael-
Actually we do go to see our paying public...our dealers. They are the men
and women who have thousands of choices to make...which brand,model,color,
etc. of gear they will stock in their stores to show to the end-users. We
need the convention to show our products, work out promotions, get feedback
from music store personnel and build relationships between our business
partners. The presence of the general public is often a distraction and a
hindrance to doing business, which is the reason all of us manufacturers
paid for the space, the hotel rooms, the (so-called) food in the first
place. It is not the fabulous party that some "NAMM Show Roundup" articles
would have you believe.

I think it would be wonderful if we (the manufacturers) would all
participate in a consumers-only show. It would certainly create interest in
those products that many stores choose not to stock, and some of the
smaller companies (like Oberheim) could benefit greatly.

Some of the more cutting-edge retailers like Gand Music in Illinois have
their own "post-NAMM" show at which they report back to their customers
what they sawand heard. Maybe you can lobby your favorite retailer to do
the same...?

Tom