Re: CD / loops in South America

>Siobhan:
>>If you are considering doing more than one CD, you could do them on a
>>regional basis.  Have the loopers in each area organize, choose, each
>>region gets a side of a double CD or their own or whatever.  That way the
>>work gets broken out to various people, the product is more effective in
>>terms of promoting gigs, it might even be a vehicle to meet each other
>and
>>perform together.   Might be too involved but its a thought....

Yes, don't "overglobalize" :-). Maybe region it not the strongest criteria
though...

Then Dr Pycraft:
>This could be cool - FE we have enough European loopers on LD to make a go
>of it.

Sure, I can give you the contact of about 80 LOOP delay users! (I actually
should have informed them about the list and... I feel just embarrassed to
tell them that there are still no Plexes in my good old Europe...

>I guess the US would spit into vaguely East/West lines, and so forth.
>(Matthias will probably get most of the S.  America disc to himself!)

:-)
Actually I am not the only one here. I just sold a few LOOP delays here and
the users start grabbing it.

This week I showed it to Lazzo, a great african reggae singer, and he
immediately created incredible structures of rythm voices and melodies,
reminding the south african choir tradition, as he commented himself. We
also discussed other aplications with the band. He suggested that I should
operate a Plex a the main desk (I mix his live sound) with a pedal
extension to him. I think we will have to use two mic lines to transport
the pedal control from the stage to the desk and the Plex output to the
stage mixer.
I wonder how long it will take until we are really able to execute such
stuff at the precision he demands.

I have written before about percussionist Bira Reis.

We also have Miguel from Sao Paulo on the list. He uses the JamMan for
sounds that you might rather expect from NY than from SA, but its cool,
unique!

In Rio, Ramiro Musotto is trying to build his (at least localy) famous
percussion work into a combination of sampling and plexing.

I heard of a flute player, too, and there must be more...

The internationally most famous might be Nana Vasconcelos who uses a little
Boss pedal to make his voice fly over his percussion playing.

So, yes, we could do a CD of percussion/voice loops. Meanwhile I prefer to
participate on a "northern" version...

Matthias