Re: 'plex foot controller

I've been using my footpedal for years with no problems. They are so simple
in design, that there is hardly anything to go wrong. And they are quite
ruggedly constructed out of sheet metal. Some people tend to stomp on them
rather than tap, and since you will be using the switches a lot there is
some chance that you will break them if you do that. On several occasions
I've met people who literally stomp on it with cowboy boots, and then are
surprised that they broke the switch after a few thousand uses. Those are
usually where the "ramblings" are coming from. If you are not the sort that
does that, then don't worry about it. Get the efc-7 pedal, which is all
nicely labeled and ready to go, and see if you have any problem with it.

Then if you really feel you need something different, building a custom
pedal is fairly straightforward. The hardest part is actually finding
switches that you like for tapping out delays. I tried a lot of them and
actually wound up back at the red mouser switch used in the echoplex pedal.
Everything else was either too stiff, or too loose, or the throw was too
long, or I couldn't feel the contact point accurately. I don't have any of
those problems with the efc-7 pedal.

And if you ever do stomp a switch into oblivion, remember that they only
cost $.50 from Mouser and are simple to replace.

kim