Re: Andy Summers concert (Gear talk! No loops!)

At 11:15 AM -0800 11/28/97, Michael P. Hughes, Ph.D. wrote:
>>>Not _another_ Klein player!!  Where did all these wealthy guitarists
>come
>>>from???
>>We're not wealthy, once you play one it ruins you for everything else. We
>>beg, borrow, and steal!

yes, be extremely careful before you come in contact with a Klein guitar!
Within moments you will be blissfully filling out the order form, carefully
weighing the advantages of swamp ash vs maple, with dreams of trans-trems
floating in your head. Somewhere, locked in a closet deep in your brain,
will be a voice asking you how you expect to pay for this, but it will be
totally drowned out by that gorgeous tone.....

happened to me, at the frankfurt musik messe of all places, and I hardly
qualify as an impulse shopper.....

>>If you're interested I'm sure Lorenzo at Klein can
>>set you up with one,
>
>Do I hear the phrase "second morgage"?  These things cost $2-3000 don't
>they?

I wish... mine was quite a bit more with all of my customizing. The
translucent purple sunburst was worth every cent, though!  It looks so
great, I would be entirely happy if it was just a sculpture hanging on the
wall. The fact that it's also an awe-inspiring guitar is quite a nice
bonus. Definitely in the "gee, I guess I don't need to buy any more
guitars" category. (hopefully...)

of course, I cough up blood when the credit card bill arrives each
month....but what the hell, you're supposed to suffer for art right?

I had the same thing happen to me with the mesa triaxis. Stay away from
those, too. I won't even go near the home studio areas of the music store.
Way too dangerous.....

kim