Re: Looping with a band.

At 00.18 25/11/97 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi , I was just wondering how people go about looping in a band setting ,
>with drummers , chordchanges , dynamic flow in the ensemble and so
>forth....
>Maybe we can start a discussion where people share their experiences and
>talk about their bands.
>Like , is there any loopers who play in a pop-band??Say , An Alanis
>Morrisette- type of thing? How would you go approach your looping
>instrument in that context?
> Or a funk band? say , as part of a rythmn section in the "JB" style? How
>would that player  approa.........and so forth.....

Hi all

I'm in the process of creating a new band. Only Chapman Stick (myself),
vocals and drums. The peculiar aspect should be that either me and the
singer are going to use extensively our jammans. Not an ambient thing at
all. It should be a funk project with a danceable, original repertoire. I
imagine that with this kind of lineup everything you 're going to do is
quite experimental, playing pop songs too.

I'd like to know if someone else has used this kind of setup (and some
suggestions):

My jamman master , midied out to the other jamman and to a drum machine,
only used for clock reference through headphones (no drum machine sounds
out) for all the members. The clock I think it's vital cause me and the
singer are going to add some percussive elements (thanks to multiFX and
stomp boxes) in our loops to makes real durm grooves more interesting.

And what about the midi mute-restart when 2 jam are connected?

thanks
leo