Re: Boomerang

> Can you give me some information about "BOOMERANG PHRASE SAMPLER".
> What is it's quality if coompared with Jam Man?

  The Boomerang is a 17"x6"x2" floor pedal made of 18
gauge steel and painted with epoxy catalized paint. It uses computer
technology not "bucket brigade" analog chips. Back panel has main in &
out (1/4" phone), aux in & out (RCA), mic/line/inst switch with trim
pot. You can place this unit anywhere you want in the signal path. The
power supply is a 9VAC 500mA transformer (wall wart).
  Sampling specs: 16 bit samples, linear PCM, no compression, 16K and
8K sampling rates. Obviously not CD quality, but a subjective spec is
that this unit sounds very good with guitar, bass or vocals. I use mine
with a GR50 guitar synth and
like the sound. We have sold over 1000 units, and have heard sound
quality complaints from about 4 or 5 people. There are players who
performs solo with a Rang and an acoustic
guitar and love it. We have violinist, cellists, vocalists, trombone
players, sax players, and, of course, electric bass and guitar players
using the Rang. Most complaints come from people using synthesizers.
Daniel Lanois (guitar) used one on two tracks for the Slingblade
soundtrack, and Steve Tavaglioni (sax & wind synth) used one extensively
on the Red Corner soundtrack.
  The Rang records, loops, stacks many parts (I do 3 to 6 routinely),
plays in reverse, plays at half speed (learn licks off of CD's or create
bass parts), plays at double speed, and plays reverse leads LIVE. When
stacking parts, each part may be forward or reverse; then, when a
musical creation is complete, the whole thing can be played forward or
reverse.
  The live reverse lead feature is unique and cool. The Rang records and
plays simultaneously, turning each phrase or lick around. If you turn
off the normal signal from your instrument (the THRU MUTE switch on the
Rang), then the audience hears only the reverse part.
  The Rang has no MIDI capability, so if remote triggering or synching
to a drum machine is important, then it may not be for you. The Jam Dude
has MIDI.
  Check our web page.

Best regards,

Mike Nelson, co-owner

Boomerang Musical Products
PO Box 541595
Dallas, TX 75354-1595

Tel       800-530-4699 (outside USA, 214-340-6913)
Fax       214-343-1038
email     mnelson@dmans.com
web page  http://www.boomerangmusic.com