Re: Nels Cline

At 23:42 21.11.97 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm glad Paolo brought up Nels Cline, one of my favorite
>musicians and a master of the EH 16 second delay.

I`m sitting here with a feeling that I have heard about Nels Cline before.
I think it  was a "hometown hero" thingy in Guitar Player/World.
Does anyone else remember this?  Is Nels Danish , by any chance???

I don't  know if I'd call him a looper, he uses the delay mostly
>like Frisell used to (on say, Power Tools), to timestretch
>or reverse a phrase while it's decaying, to build clouds
>of noise for endings and transitions, and to get big
>throbbing Sonic Youth-like dissonances with one guitar in
>standard tuning.

I am a huge Frisell-addict and I`m curious of what "Power Tools"
are/is/was?

Thanks , Thomas W