Re: Top ten list with quotes

>Disco Volante is some kind of strange collision of speed metal, ennio
>morricone, and avant-noise rock. And patton's vocals are just great - so
>adventurous and creative. It took a few listens to really grasp the album
>and start to like it, a bit too much at first I think. But now I really
>enjoy it. There's so much in there to discover. I've heard their rare live
>appearances are great, but I've never managed to see one since they always
>sell out around here. ah well....

Last year I've seen Mr. Bungle live, here in Florence. Well, I already knew
their records (one of my favourite bands too) but the live show was really
shocking.

They were all (exept patton) wearing strange masks and their live setup was
enormous. Mick only had 5-6 mics, each one processed by a center stage rack
bigger than a frigo-bar. Plus bass, guitar, keyboards and drums.

The striking aspect of their show was not their noisy, wild industrial
approach of some part of the performance. It was the incredible fidelity in
playing their song from the records (Mr. Bungle and Disco Volante).  And if
you know their albums you know that's impossible to play EXACTLY the same
recorded versions.
Well, they did it. Same sounds, same breaks, same tempo changes, same
samplings and noises.
Check them out if you can.

ciao
leo