Re: Recent listening and self-promotional blurb

Michael Peters wrote:

> Ha! Check this out:
>
> >Zvuki Mu -- [don't know the title since I can't read Russian]
>
> Zvuki Mu was originally 'discovered' and produced by Brian Eno.
> Here's a webpage ...
>         http://www.trouserpress.com/bandpages/ZVUKI_MU.html

Wow... gotta hand it to you Michael, you know about some seriously
obscure music.  I've gotta take exception with the Trouser Press
reviewer's assessment of the band as less than compelling, though.
(Then again, it may just be the Eno record, though with a producer like
that, I doubt it).

And while of course Eno's involvement had a lot to do with their
visibility over here, it's a bit of a disservice to them and their
recordings before and after the Opal release to say that Eno
"discovered" them, but of course I catch your drift (and without him
they likely would never have gigged in America with the Residents, etc.
etc...)

Woah, a thread on underground '80s Moscow rock bands -- WAAAAY off
topic.  Sorry...

--Andrei