Techno Animal (was: Re: Jon Hassell and other looping in London)

K Law wrote:
>    Speaking of Jon Hassel David& anyone else have you heard Re -Entry by
>Techno Animal? His contributions on 2 pieces are distinct elevating
>factors
>in the music which is sort of a heavy electronic trance dub> hard to
>catergorize.This is one of the most innovative recordings of the past ten
>years IMHO . I had the pleasure of talking to Justin Broadrick (Half of
>TA)
>last year at a Godflesh show and he said they sent Jon a dat with the
>backing tracks on it and he added his bits>> I was amazed >>the trumpet is
>so seamlessly a part of the music its hard to imagine without it.

I have this double-CD. Track #1 (featuring Jon Hassel) on Dream Machinery
is magnificent. The second CD, Heavy Lids, is a masterpiece. I urge
everyone to check it out...you won't regret it. Have also been listening to
some of Broaderick's cynical ambient/noise/isolationism work as FINAL. I'm
not as impressed by this though, but alot of the sounds/noises are actually
heavily treated guitars, so these cd's may be of interest to some of you.
Don't know if they're available in the US though (J. Broaderick is from
Birmingham, England). They're on some obscure label I can't remember the
name of, but I can check it out if you want me to. Later,

Erik Ljones (Norway)