Re: On being complete nerds

A moratorium on gear talk is fine by me, since I don't own any type of looping device whatsoever! I do play and listen to music though, and just in case all you have been listening to is loop-derived artists, this list should juxtapose nicely:

Duke Levine- Lava ( extremely tasty guitarist:Steve Cropper meets Albert Lee at Jeff Beck's garage)
The Essential Ray Price (it is and he is)
Daniel Cartier - Avenue A (NY pop, gritty and analog)
Talk Talk- Laughing Stock (cool guitar tones and arrangements)
Les Paul- The Legend and the Legacy Box Set (Hear how it all started, including some demos)
Kim Richey - Bittersweet (The best thing going in Nashville)
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (finally in tune and bonus track)
Chet Atkins - Teensville (Recorded in 1959 when guitars had Tone and echoes were analog...)BTW Chet has an EDP
The Everly Brothers- Walk Right Back: The Warner Years (Who has done it any better?)
Emmy Lou Harris - Wrecking Ball (Lanois-produced ambient-country)
Darden Smith - Deep Fantastic Blue (it all starts with a song)

Tom