Multivox

     I don't recall anyone on the list ever mentioning the Multivox. It was
manufactured in the '70s, I believe, and it was a tape delay device. There
was actually quite a substantial length of tape crammed into a box that was
roughly shoebox-size (maybe EEE hiking boots) and the delay time was on the
order of 30 seconds or so. Though it was sound-on-sound, I'm not sure you
could adjust the regen.- the echoes were quieter, but what echoes! If one
were to play some fancy little descending lick, the echo would be slightly
smeared and produce something quite ethereal. I think it would be difficult
to use this as one's main looper unless I'm remembering wrong and the
regeneration could be cranked up, but to produce an ambient carpet of
changing sounds, it would be a nice addition to a looperister's rig. Does
anyone use this box, or even remember such a thing? Just curious...

      Kevin