RE: Sick Vortex.

        Anthony asked:
        "How easy is it to replace the encoder? I'm comfortable
stripping
> down and replacing parts in machines, but I don't want to mess with
> the Vortex if it is sensitive or complex inside."
        Dear Anthony,

        You need to take precautions against static when opening the
machine up and while you have it opened.  There is minor mechanical
disassembly/assembly required and then the desoldering of 6 solder
points to remove the old switch and then resoldering the new switch at
those same 6 points.

        Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is
anything that I can do for you.

        Best regards,

        Greg Hogan
        Lexicon Customer Service