Re: Advice wanted for Novice Looper

At 1:11 PM -0500 11/12/97, Drumworker@aol.com wrote:
>I realize that this question has probably been asked several times
>before, so
>forgive me, but...
>
>Does the Echoplex have an "echo"-type setting that works in a way similar
>the JamMan's? I intend to buy one or the other but don't know if I should
>own
>both!?!

yes it has Delay mode, which I imagine is similar. Audio always goes into
the delay line, like a traditional delay. The Overdub button then becomes a
"hold" function, where feedback is set to 100% and audio is no longer added
to the loop. Unlike the jamman, the echoplex's feedback can be set with
much finer resolution. (I think the jamman only has 16 steps) All the other
echoplex functions work the normal way in delay mode.

kim