Re: BeatSync (was vortex info)

At 2:39 AM -0300 11/13/97, Matthias Grob wrote:
>Kim again, after strong coffee:
>>Does anyone know more about how those old clocks work? How many
>>pulses are sent to define the time? It's possible it works, but I'm
>>starting to doubt it. Matthias would know.
>
>Me? Never heard of "old clocks". I also assumed simple pulses...
>
>Matthias

Me, sleep-deprived again:

The question is about the type of clock generated by old analog
arpeggiators and sequencers, from before midi. Does it send a pulse each
beat? A pulse at each bar? At the beginning of the sequence? Or does it
send many pulses for each beat, the way midi clock works?

It would be fun to figure out how to sync the old analog stuff up to modern
loopers.

kim