re:OB midi boxes (was cyclone (was Vortex info))

>Kim wrote:

>The OB Strummer though, I never could figure out why anyone would want
that...
-----------------

Speaking of these OB midi boxes, do any of you have experience with the
Oberheim Drummer?  The description I see says that the drum patterns in
the OB will respond to an audio input, say a guitar or bass, and create
fills, etc.

Is it musical?  I miss playing with a drummer.  I don't enjoy creating
patterns on my Alesis HR-16 (though I like the drum sample sounds), and
besides, they just repeat the program.  No dynamic response to live
performance.  If the OB would control my Alesis, play a basic beat, and
respond to what I play in some directed manner, this might feel more like
working with a live drummer.

Re Jamman availability and cost, I saw an internet ad for a Jamman for
over $700 yesterday.  The copy said "it's a steal" at that price.  While
this price is clearly absurd, I hope there isn't a trend of price upflex
on the used market for the Jamman.  I sold mine, with full memory for $250
this year.  The world needs an inexpensive dedicated, HiFi loop box for
the people who would never think of spending the money for an EDP, but
would still have the time of their lives with a looper.  The guy I sold
mine to never expressed any interest in loopers, until I gave him the
Jamman to try.  After 1 night with it he was sold!

bret