Re: The ongoing saga of Oberheim

Tom Spaulding wrote:

> Andre-

Just thought I would toss in my two cents, for what they are worth.

I have to say that I believe that Andre has behaved as a gentleman and a
scholar should-  his posts have been clear, fair, and, near as I can
tell, totally accurate.  Can't really fault someone for speaking the
truth, can we?

I didn't read it as an attack on the venerable Tom Spaulding's
character, either.  Andre was very specific in his posts about who he
talked to, and when.  I may be assuming incorrectly, but I was under the
assumption that Tom himself did not make the repairs, and therefore is
not responcable for this irrefutable negligence.

I also understand why Tom would like to keep this discourse private-
this does make things look pretty bad for the echoplex indeed (although
no worse than the discontinued JamMan that I bought)- but I don't think
that it is unreasonable to expect the rest of us to want to be informed.
If Andre wishes to speak about his problems, I for one am willing to
listen.

In my brief encounter with music equipment retail, I am not surprised to
find out that this happened.  I worked for Sam Ash in Manhattan, and to
be honest, my co-workers (and very quickly myself) just didn't give a
shit either.  This seems to be the depressing reality of the situation.

There is, of course, a silver lining to this whole shindig.  If Tom,
heeding our deparate cries for a company that cares, turns Oberheim
around to being a bit more meticulous, than all of the employees and
owners of that company can tune in here to read  us sing their praises.

Trevor