RE: It could be a new looping device.

At 03:39 PM 10/28/97 -0000, T.W. Hartnett wrote:
>>1.have separate input and output level controls
>>2.add a compare feature to check before and after parameter changes
>>3.spend some real quality time evaluating the interface and ease of use
>>aspects of the processor
>>4.use a large display so that "modes" or "functions" used can be seen
>>from 15 feet away
>>5.make power supply usable in US & International (with switch or
>>automatic)
>>6.add return/send routing so outside effects can be inserted into the
>>chain too
>>7.have a good manual, please
>>8.have a keypad so users can go from set-up 24 to set-up 71 directly
>>from device without needing midi
>>9.
>
>I'd add, if it has a fuse, make it accessible from the back without
>having to remove the unit from the rack.  Sadly, the Echoplex does not
>have this feature, as I discovered last weekend.

sorry Travis! I agree on that one. I think the decision for the echoplex
was
made for cost and liability reasons. If I recall right, there was some UL
type reason for putting it inside, and of course, the slick power input
jacks with the little fuse drawer cost a lot more.

Actually, the best option is the self-resetting fuses, that don't require
replacement after they get set off. You just disconnect the power and let
it
sit a minute or so after you fix whatever is causing it to blow, and the
fuse resets. Those are typically used in computers and workstations these
days.

kim
Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com