Re: Synth Looping (was LOOP: Introduction)

> From: Kim Flint <kflint@annihilist.com>
> Subject: Re: LOOP: Introduction

> At 10:46 AM -0800 10/28/97, Julia & Dave wrote:
> >Hi, and welcome.
> >
> >Nice to see more synth people on the list.

> yes, definitely! Gotta dilute all these damn guitarists. I'd love to hear
> more about how you guys use synths in your loops, as I continue to drift
>in
> that direction....

Hahaha.   I play guitar witha GR-50 so I also play a Wavestation-SR
a Matrix-1000 and a Microwave from the fretboard.

I love to lay down loops starting with pads and sweeps to "paint"
a backdrop.  Then I overdub and/or multiply this adding some guitar
parts and more synth textures.  I have a tendancy to get the mix a
little too thick at times but by the time that happens it seem to be
too late to try any "undoing".

The ability to maintain and control separate loops to have them fade
ion and out would be great.  What do you think, do I need another
Echoplex or two?  Hmmmm......

 - Phloide