RE: jamman upgrade

Sorry it's taken me so long to report back on the JamMan upgrade but
unfortunately, things have not gone that well. Officially, the JamMan
deal with Lexicon fell through. Being an employee of Lexicon, they were
concerned about the destraction of starting a buisness on the side so
they kept putting me off and off and off. Finally, I decided that, even
if I was able to cut a deal, it would end up being a major pain in the
ass (I am a programmer and a musician, not a businessman/shipper and
recieiver). I want to spend my time programming and playing music not
accounting/shipping and receiving. It would just be too much of a hit on
my other activities.

However,....all is not lost. I am a valued employee at Lexicon and they
seemed to have noticed my preoccupation with looping. Quite
unofficially, there are some low level rumblings of folding some of my
newer looping stuff into a not so distant future Lexicon product. I
can't go into the details but, they are listening to customer requests
and they do count the inquires on the Lexicon web page (lexicon.com). If
you want Lexicon to make looping products, YOU have to tell them. They
hear it from me and they think it's just this preoccupation of mine.

Meanwhile, I am still working on software that will run on the JamMan
platform and have been authorized by Lexicon to use outside resources to
test conceptual ideas. Many people have inquired to me directly about
upgrading their JamMen. I will contact them each on a one to one basis
to go over the details. Anyone interested in this should contact me
directly at bsellon@lexicon.com. Make sure the word "JamMan" is in the
subject.

Bob Sellon
Lexicon/Stec