Stereo JamMan Looping

Michael P. Hughes wrote, in part:

>PS UK users, anyone wanna buy some JamMan RAM?  Since the recent confusion
>over stereo JamMen not working, the "spare set" for my planned-for JM2
>will
>never be used.  Mail me if interested...

so, I thought an update on my previous Jammidimystery posts should be
inserted here.

Don't sell that extra ram quite yet Michael, stereo looping w/2 jamthings
IS possible - as I have recently discovered after much trial and
tribulation.

I finally got this to work *PERFECTLY* by replacing two pieces of support
gear. I picked up a Digitech PMC 10 which replaced the DMC Ground
Control. The PMC 10 has midi in with merge and filter to the midi out, so
I now have an external clock (drum machine) out front with it's clock
being merged with the program change commands from the PMC 10. I also
replaced my rack mixer with one which includes a 4x8 midi patchbay
(Tascam MM200). Now the clock and program change from the PMC 10 are sent
to each jamman individually, in parallel, and it works perfectly w/jammen
*in sync* and both jammen responding to program change messages
simultaneously. When some drift is desirable, I just shut off the drum
machine so that each jamman runs on its own clock. When the drum machine
is undesirable I just mute its audio output but leave the clock running.

The drum machine in this set up could be replaced by a sequencer,or any
other source of clock and the mixer/patchbay could simply be a midi thru
box or a stand alone patchbay. Also, by leaving the Lexicon foot switches
connected you can control the jamman individually while still maintaining
sync between them (this can also be done simply by connecting midi out to
midi in but you won't get the simultaneous/stereo looping option *on the
fly* this way).

Phil