Re: marimba, kalimba, steel drum sounds

just to jump in... sorry if i'm off-parameter here... was this discussion
pertinent to guitar/synth also...

if so, i can recommend, and recommend anyway - the alesis nano-synth....
whew!!! awesome, clean sounds, lots of marimbas, vibes, glocks... no
programming without computer interface, but for the size tradeoff well
worth
it - 256 sounds, 16 voice, built in adjustable rev/chorus on some
sounds...and only as big as a CD walkman (1/3 rack space)!!

also those old boss DRP-I and DRP-II pads, which i see used from time to
time have great steel drum patches. unfortunately NOT midi, but very cool
and cheap - just saw one foor $35 at the rogue music auction - good thing
check out (www.roguemusic.com)

peace, all

andre (east coast)

btw - any zappa fans, please email me if you want info on my FZ tribute
band... we played with Ike Willis this summer and will again in december...
also this week *wed oct 29 in Redbank, nj* #fri oct 31 in NYC at the Lions
den# info in the Village voice... but email me to get on the e-list...

thanks...