RE: ring mod signals & Re: marimba, kalimba, steel drum sounds

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Mark Kata wrote:

> You may want to try plugging a drum machine or a tape recorder's output
>into
> your ring modulator.  I like using a recording of someone talking as an
> input into my ring modulator.
>
> Mark Kata
> Mark@asisoftware.com

Speaking of ring modulators, this is an effect I've never had a chance to
play with, but have always wanted to.  Can someone suggest (via private
email perhaps since it's not directly loop related) some good boxes and
sources for them? Does anyone still make a stand alone ring modulator?  I
think I've only ever seen one that I can remember.

Thanks
---
Todd Pafford
galen@erols.com (preferred)