Re: Breath controller?

> CV messages?  I remember that Allan Holdsworth used to use a breath
> controller with his SynthAxe, but I believe that was part of the
>SynthAxe
> package.  I'm interested in trying to find a standalone unit which I

Actually, as Allan himself explained during a clinic (supposedly the
purpose was to advertise the Mesa Boogie gear he uses but he spent 80%
of the clinic playing his SynthAxe instead!), the SynthAxe's "breathing
tube" just controls a VCA at the output of the SynthAxe.  He plugged
in the synth being controlled (a little Yamaha module - he had already
sold the Matrix 12) so that the synth outputs went into SynthAxe input(s)
that led to the VCA.

Allan felt the VCA gave him much greater resolution of control over the
synth volume than MIDI's 127 steps.

Come to think of it, Craig Anderton once had an article in Electronic
Musician on how to modify a volume pedal so you could control it with
a Yamaha breath controller instead of your foot.  Or something like
that....

Paolo Valladolid