Re: Breath controller?

> >No, the BC-1 is a mouthpiece that translates either your lip pressure
> >or how hard you blow (not sure which, but I think it is the latter)
> >into MIDI Breath Controller information.  The Anatek box, I believe,
> >lets you remap the data coming from the BC-1 into just about any other
> >type of MIDI realtime controller type: MIDI Volume, MIDI Pitchbend, etc.
> >It has a switch that lets you select which controller information
> >you like.
>
> Great!  Unfortunately, it appears to be out of production.   The more I
> think about it, the more I want something that'll do this.  Volume/CV
> pedals are great, but...
>
> Travis

I think Yamaha is still producing a breath controller in some shape or
form if not a BC-1 model.  They have to if they still have the VL-70
physical modeling synth in production.

Dunno about Anatek, though... Perhaps you can try contacting Harvey
Starr?  He produces MIDI controllers that have input ports for a Yamaha
breath controller.  Perhaps he can custom build a box for you that just
does the MIDI mapping functionality.

The URL is http://catalog.com/starrlab/

Paolo Valladolid