Korg DL-8000 / FireWire / IEEE1394 and music

Have any of you folks had a chance to play with the Korg DL-8000 looper
yet? I read
that the price in the UK is going to be UKP500 ($800) or so - not bad for
an imported
high-tech device over here!

I'm still waiting for Yamaha to release some details about what they'll be
doing
with FireWire. They have a plan called "mLan", which sounds like the kind
of thing
you're talking about - multiple channels of audio, perhaps in a live
setting? (This
may still come back round to looping after all...)

See
http://www.analog.com/publications/press/misc/press_061296A.html and
http://www.vxm.com/21R.35.html

for more info I found on the net...

Cheers,

---
frivolous@mailexcite.com                 London, UK
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/3242/
 See my XLChords project - MS Excel does chords?

http://www.mailexcite.com