From:   Matt McCabe[SMTP:mattm@bi-tech.com]
Sent:   Wednesday, October 22, 1997 11:51 AM
To:     Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
Subject:        Re: Demise of MIDI?

> From: Mark Kataby way of Kim Flint <Mark@asisoftware.com>

> I just read a very strange post in Digital Guitar Digest.  It mentioned
the
> impending demise of MIDI.

About 2 years ago, I read some discussions on this topic.  I believe the
"replacement" is called ZIPI (or something like that).  It mainly corrects
many of the shortcomings of MIDI....like speed.   I think it was designed
by a manufacturer of guitar synths.

Obviously I really don't remember that much about it.  Sorry.

Matt