Hello...

        >Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 16:45:11 -0600
>To: loopers-delight@anihilist.com
>From: Goddess <thefates@concentric.net>
>Subject: Hello...
>
>       Hello, I've just joined the looper's delight list earlier this
>week and
have been listening to some the conversation back and forth.  Now that I
have some time, I wanted to write and just say "hi".  I've been involved
with looping for at least seven years now and am glad to have been made
aware of this list.  I think it can be a wonderful resource...
>  My first introduction to loops was from hearing Brian Eno and Robert
Fripp with Frippertronics.  I'd beeen working with delays before that
point, however, they were not long enough to do any substancial loops in my
opinion.  I unfortunately didn't have the money or the sources to find a
couple of tape machines I could use so, I was still out in the cold...  I
then heard about the electro-harmonix peddal that had 16 seconds of
sampling time and was reversable.  From that point on, I was on a quest to
find a peddal which was afordable and could achieve what I needed.  What I
found was the PDS8000 from digitech which worked quite nicely for a while
but did not have the frequency response I was looking for.  I then moved up
to the RDS8000 which is the rack-mounted version of the same.  It actually
has a few more features than the peddal...  Oh, by the way, for those who
aren't familiar with those two things, they had a sampling time of eight
seconds.  I then heard about the Jam-Man and got one immediately when they
came out and proceded immediately also to upgrade it fully.  I've used the
Lexicon ever since and I love it!  I'm currently looking to get an Oberheim
Echo-plex digital pro.
>  Anyway, enough about the gear...  I am currently living in Boulder
Colorado and don't find to many people here who know much about, or do much
with looping.  I work in a music store and currently teach guitar there
also so if there's any place to meet musicians here, I'm there...  If
there's anyone in my area, please don't hesitate to write me.  I like lots
of different types of music so I'm open to just about anything...
>  Thanks again for the existance of this list, as loopers seem sparce to
me where ever I am in the country.  It's nice to hear that there is some
sort of meeting place for us.  I look forward to more interesting e-mail...