Re: looping vocals, guitar or both?

>Alright, all you gear-knowledgable people.  I'm about ready to buy a
>looping
>toy and further twist my personality.  I want to know how I can
>selectively,
>with one looping device,
>        1) loop guitar,   2) loop vocal,   and  3) both.
>
>I assume I can run  both from my mixer, or use an A/B box to choose one or
>the other.  Is there a box (commercially or that I can make) that allows
>me
>to switch between the THREE options noted above?
>
>Thanks for all the info so far.  I'm impressed with you.  Oh, when will
>the
>new software start being shipped with EPs from Oberheim?

You can do this with a JamMan without any extra equipment. The JamMan has
stereo ins & outs, but only loops in mono, summing both channel inputs when
it loops. This "feature" has been endlessly criticized on this list. But
you could plug your guitar into one channel, the vocals into the other,
then when you loop, you would just capture which ever input had a signal,
or both.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra