JamMan sync misconceptions.

Hello all.

A few weeks ago, I sent a message asking if I were going to have trouble
syncing 2 JamMans from the MIDI clock of the sequencer of a Ensonic
TS-10.  I forgot who responded, but I was told I was going to have
problems daisy chaining the 2 JamMans.  The work around was to sync all
three devices to a single MIDI clock source with a MIDI splitter.  I
purchesed a splitter and tried sending MIDI clock to both the JamMen
from the sequencer and had really bad delay problems.  I had a show the
next day and I couldn't find any cheap solution for a MIDI clock
generating device.

What to do, you might ask.

Well our newest member(owner of JamMan #2), with a very rudimentry
knowledge of MIDI, suggested hooking up the devices as I had originally
envisioned.  MIDI out of the sequencer to the in of my JamMan, MIDI out
of my JamMan into the in of his.  With the advise I had gotten, it
sounded implausable, but what the hell?  It was worth a try.

Anyway, you've probably guessed the end of this one already.  It worked
perfectly, as I originally predicted it would.  No delay problems what
so ever.

The show was a sucess and now I'm rich and famous.  Just kidding, but
the show went well and was void of any syncing problems.  What were you
talking about when you told me to split the MIDI signal?  Could it have
been that you thought that I wanted both units to start looping at the
same time?  I didn't.  Both machines are autonamous, used by different
members, they just need to have access to the same MIDI clock.

So if anyone was put off by thinking that syncing two JamMen to a single
MIDI clock was a problem, as I did, forget it.  It works great!

Happy looping.  (anyone want to buy a very slightly used MIDI splitter?)