Re: ECHOPLEX SHIPPING TO EUROPE

At 2:37 PM +0200 10/9/97, Leonardo Cavallo wrote:

>For euro-loopers
>
>This is the reply I received from Mr Spaulding about Europlexes...
>6 months of more waiting. I've ordered my unit in early may... it's a long
>wait!
>
>I'm wondering.... why another CE?

I don't think it's another CE approval. The product was designed well
before CE went into effect, and needed changes to meet the new
requirements. Those changes cost quite a bit and still need to be
implemented, so it never really has passed CE. The units you have seen may
have already been there when CE started, or the dealer in question may have
been less scrupulous than you think. The design changes were all done, I
think they just need to be built with the new design.

CE totally hosed a lot of small american manufacturers, by the way. Doing
the design changes, getting EMI tests, managing the paperwork, etc. was too
expensive, so a lot of them had to stop selling in europe. The bigger
companies could afford to make the changes and had the sales volume to make
it worthwhile; they just bumped the price way up. That's why synths in
europe cost way more than in the US now.  I'm not really a fan of
deregulation, but you guys could have made it a little easier!

kim