echoplex, Euro voltage

before I expend anymore time/trouble trying to get my hands on
an echoplex, can someone answer the simple but vital question of
whether or not the thing will operate on European mains voltage
(230V 50Hz).
If no-one has direct experience of this could you just tell me
whether the power supply is transformer based or switching.
I've seen some fine examples of what happens to 220V 60Hz
equipment, with a switching powersupply, when you plug it into
a 50Hz mains. Transformer stepped down systems alway seem to be fine.

thanks for any info.

Jim Carter