Re: Multi-effects Unit

Mark Kata wrote:

> I'm thinking about getting a new multi-effects unit to patch into my
>SansAmp PSA-1 preamp and the rest of my looping rig.  I'm currently using
>a Peavey ProFex Mark 1.
>
> Any suggestions in the low, medium and high price ranges?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Kata
> Mark@asisoftware.com

 I use an ART SGX2000 express with my SansAmp PSA1 hooked to effects
loop 1, and my JamMan hooked to effects loop 2 (the 2000 has two loops)
and this works great.  I use the x15 foot controller.  Loop 1 comes in
after the analog effects (comp, dist, gate, prog EQ, etc.) but before
any digital effects.  Loop 2 comes after everything and is in stereo
(the Jamman sums the two channels, but the ART keeps the original
channels separate).  I really like this set-up.  I have a few patches
that use the SansAmp as the dist (ie. 2000's dist is off) and I get all
the sans amp sounds w/ the art effects.  Other patches are set with the
same digital effects, but the distortions are different.  There are
eight different distortions (4 tube, 4 solid state). And then sometimes
I use the two distortions (even if I am not using the sansAmp as a
distortions, I am calling it that here).
I like the JamMan at the end of everythisn cuz it delays (or loops) the
total sound, not like adding reverb to the delayed sound which sound
muddy to me.  I sent all of this into my 16 track board and use three of
the post fader sends to send signals to my 3 echoplexes.  I run the
plexs back into the board.  Every thing runs thru my peavy 60 watt
stereo tube power amp into two closed back cabs with 25 watt
greenbacks.  This is a very nice setup for capturing loops.  I then use
my ToneKing contenental for live playing over loops.  This setup gives
me the flexibility to throw any type of sound to the lopers, and
reserves the best sound (The Tone King really is the BEST AMP I have
ever heard, try it you'll probably end up shelling out lots of cash for
one!!) for playing over the loops live.

I have treid most of the other multi effect available (as of a year and
a half ago:  I've stopped looking around cuz I have what I need, If you
can believe it).

Don't make the mistake of demoing this unit with the presets.  they are
too overprocessed and you might mistake this for what the unit sounds
like with resonable set-ups.  Try stripping all effects and adding them
one at a time as you would a set of pedals.

Good luck!