cheaply starting out

I think I asked this before, but I didn't get a whole lot of reply.

I'm thinking about getting into looping, because some of the stuff I can
dink out on piano strike me as sounding really cool made into a fullblown
atonal loop.  But I don't have a whole lot of cash.

So what's suggestions?  If I had the knowhow, I'd consider building my own
analog machine, but even with instructions I can't understand what the hell
I'm doing.  Machinery is way beyond my skills.  But I'm looking for the
best
way to start out.

"You're such a wonderful person,                    it's insanity.
But you've got problems.                            the asylum:
I'll never touch you."  (David Bowie)        http://www.afn.org/~afn39111