Re: looping images

At 4:59 PM 8/27/97, John Neilson wrote:

>> Jamie Lack said:
>> >Something I have been wondering.
>> >Do any readers appreciate the concept of looping images with sounds?
>> >The same way (kind of) that we loop sounds, we loop images.
>> >I plan to explore this as soon as I come to grips with the GT-5 and my
>4
>> >track.
>>
>I think Emergency Broadcast Network actually uses a video sampler in
>their performances, to trigger short clips or loops either manually or
>
>At one point there was a little demo version of this kind of sampler
>floating around the net.

I think you could do this with the new version of MAX also, it gives you
some pretty comprehensive quicktime controls.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra