My GT-5 and other things

I was pleased to hear of the looping ability of the GT-5 on this digest.
When I bought the thing many months back I was looking for something to
provide a really broad sonic canvas
for my guitar, to compose soundtracks for my animations.
It has proved to be great for this, especially if you use other
instruments in conjunction.
I am a little dissapointed with the short delay time though.
Could any other GT-5 owners recommend a fairly low cost addition to extend
the looping capabilities.
BTW I am fairly new to this stuff.

Something I have been wondering.
Do any readers appreciate the concept of looping images with sounds?
The same way (kind of) that we loop sounds, we loop images.
I plan to explore this as soon as I come to grips with the GT-5 and my 4
track.