Re: a woman's ears

  Thanks Bryan and Sarajane for bringing this point to light.  I too
absolutely have those times when I simply must leave the room or make it
stop!  Other women I know tend to agree when it comes to high, screechy
stuff.  I personally find that this is increased when I'm PMS-ing.  I would
have to say that my musical tastes don't tend to be in the "screechy",
dissonant realm.  I don't necessarily atribute this fact to a difference in
hearing though, but who knows...  I do however have some tollerance
sometimes for this as I need to to work in a music store when the kids get
out of school.  As for that study, I've heard a little about it but I'd
like to hear some more.  What little I do know of it leaves me a little
skeptical because of the means with which the subjects were tested.
Anyway, it's very interesting.  Where would this study leave bisexual
women, fem lesbians, or gay men?  ha ha Maybe this is why gay men and
middle-class white male loopers apparently have so much in common... JUST
KIDDING!!!

smiles,

Corynne