Re: Stereo Echoplex Problems

Jim,

I've asked you a couple of times to accurately describe your set up and the
manner in which you use the stereo echoplexes. So far I haven't ever
received that info. Rather than continuing to throw a fit in public and
unnecessarily worrying people, would you mind documenting exactly what all
of the parameter settings are on both units, the manner in which they are
connected, and the exact sequence of events which causes the audio
degradation?

The work arounds that I have suggested to you in the past should have
solved
this problem. Since they apparently didn't, I'm not sure what is going
wrong. I really need more complete information in order to help you and
make
sure that any problems with the software have been fixed. Believe me, I
would much prefer that you were a satisfied user!

Please send that info to me at home rather than here at work:

kflint@annihilist.com

As for the rest of you, there are many stereo users who do not experience
the problems Jim has described, including me. I believe that Jim is
experiencing something wrong, and we will certainly make sure we sort it
out
so that others do not have the same unfortunate experience.

thanks,

kim

At 07:58 PM 5/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Gabrial,
>First off, I'd wait for the upgrade before going stereo.  Either that or
>have
>someone at the store that you purchase from hook them up (and show you how
>that's done as the manual is vague at best) and demonstrate.  Then just
>let
>that stereo loop play for 15 minutes or so. If it's still going strong, go
>for it.  If not, you'll have bumped into the same problem that I have.
>(is
>their anyone  out there that gets problem free stereo operation ?)  I
>can't
>explain why the audio degrade on the slave unit occurs.  It does tho. It's
>not from leaving the overdub button on either.  When I first discovered
>this
>problem,  I sat in my studio and meticulously went over the hook up
>procedure.  Where all the parameters had to be set on both units
>according to
>Kim.   In frustration, I started to press buttons randomly, just to see if
>anything changed.  Somehow, something worked and the loop did not
>degrade.  I
>could go off and have a bite and come back several hours later and it
>would
>still be playing perfectly.  Unfortunately, I could never duplicate the
>situation.   Until the upgrade is released, I'm stuck as far as stereo
>goes
>with the way I work.   I realize that everyone involved is working hard at
>completion, but there's a holdup somewhere and the wait is driving me
>nuts.
>  Other than that, I love the Echoplex.
>
>                                                    Jim

Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com