Re: Ravel as a looper

Hey, lets keep these threads going! The list has swerved way into
gear-nerdism lately; and this is a welcome relief. What are some other loop
parallels in western classical music? I admit to being fairly ignorant
about much beyond the obvious pieces everyone listens to in music
appreciation classes. Could one of you guys give us a little tour of the
uses of repetition-as-compositional device in classical genres? I'd be real
interested.

thanks,

kim