Re: Ravel as a looper

I believe that the work you are eluding to
is the well known orchestral piece Bolero.

This piece does indeed make use of repetition, but I think Ravel meant
it more as an exposition of orchestral timbre,
since the emphasis is largely placed on the shifting tonal colors
provided by the different harmonies and combinations of solo and
ensemble instruments.

 Repetition is not the intended focus of this particular work. Harmonic,
timbral,
and dynamic movement are the primary forces at work.

Carlos R. Carrillo