Re: No summit gig? OK... how 'bout a tour?

>Hello people --
>
>It looks as if the notion of a West Coast loop show is inlikely to happen
>in the near future.  (C'est la vie.)  My jones for live looping remaining
>unsatisfied, however, I'm inclined to try a different tactic.
>
>I'm mulling over the possibility of trying to organize and set up a solo
>loop tour of the West Coast, probably starting in the San Diego area and
>running North through California and perhaps beyond.  This is a
>*completely* uncharted area for me, but I think it would be quite an eye-
>and ear-opening experience.  The main problem is that I've got no idea
>what sorts of venues are available in which cities that would be
>appropriate venues for this sort of thing.
>
>Which is where you people can help out.  If anyone along the Pacific
>Coast can suggest some good places in their general area in which to try
>and organize some sort of concert, then I'd stand a better chance of
>trying to pull this off.  So if any West Coasters (heh) can offer up
>suggestions for venues sympathetic to experimental music, from San Diego
>up to, say, Washington State, I'd *greatly* appreciate it.
>
>I have no idea if this will get past the pipe dream stage, and it likely
>won't come to fruition (if at all) until the mid- to late summer.  But
>I'm still inclined to give it a whirl.  So if there are any clubs, bars,
>owners, etc. etc. who I should be aware of, I'd very much like to know.
>So far the only notion I have is Nels Cline, who runs the new music night
>at the Alligator Lounge here in LA.
>
>Thanks for any assistance you can offer.  Best,
>
>--Andre

Hey Andre, I can help in Eugene and Portland, maybe even something in here
Corvallis depending on how little you're willing to play for...

Maybe we could do some stuff together, or my band could share a bill with
you. Also, I could put you in touch with some people in Olympia and
Seattle. I'm organizing some gigs for May/June right now, if these work out
I can give you some better/clearer details.

Dave Trenkel, NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: improv@peak.org
self promotional web-site: http://www.peak.org/~improv/
"A squid eating dough in a polyethelene bag is fast
and bulbous, got me?"
                                     -Captain Beefheart