change loop speed via MIDI?

hey loopers,
I'm new to the group and I have a question:

Is there a loop machine available that allows dynamic
"detuning" (or changing the speed of a loop) via MIDI in
performance while overdubbung?  It would be nice if the
memory of the device was expandable to > 30 seconds.

My old deltalab echotron can be dynamically controlled
but no MIDI and the memory is small. I talked to TC Electronics
and they said that the memory chips for the 2090 were not
available any more so it would be very difficult to upgrade beyond
the installed 4 secs. The person I talked to knew that aspects of the
modulation of the loop could be controlled via MIDI but wasn't sure if
there
was full expressive control of the loop speed. The information I have
seen about the Akai remix talks about a bend function but I don't
know how flexible or MIDI addressable it is, or whether the detuning works
while overlaying.

I guess what I am looking for would be a MIDI version of the
electroharmonics 16 second delay with more memory ( and less of
a "collectors item" status).

thanks! any tips would be appreciated!
Curtis Bahn
crb@music.princeton.edu