Re: Looping Trombone and Accordion (was Feedback, Mercedes, Boogie...

> the loop-inclined should check out the CD "deep listening" by pauline
> oliveros, stuart dempster, and panaiotis...the music stays interesting
>by
> metamorphosing constantly.

....I second that suggestion.  You might also look for Dempster's "In the
Great
Abbey of Clement VI(or IV?)"...also trombone and doo.  The broken chord
"loops"
are likewise pristine and majestic.  Pauline Oliveros is very excited
about the
Deep Listening ensemble.  I used to do some performances with her and
Stuart
back in the 80s have nerve-tingling neckhair stories of her tremendous
musical
magic.  And, by the sounds of it, they've got one helluva project going
these
days.  You might check out her "deep listening" websites fo mo info.

One of the sometimes collaborateurs, Ellen Fullman, designs and builds
these
super-length string installation instruments, played by walking the
80-foot plus
strings with rosened fingers...as incredible to see as to hear,
beautifully
sustained, loopish sonorities played in stately rituals.

Definitely worth checking out.