Had some JamMan weirdness happen yesterday...

For the first time last night, I ran my JamMan through the effects loop
of my amp rather than feeding it from the pre-amp out and plugging the
output of the JamMan into another amp or PA and strange things
happened...

I would hit an exceptionally loud note (in echo mode) which would cause
the input light to flicker red.  Instead of getting the usual obnoxious
digital clip, the unit started this weird subatomic clicking sound.  I
was however dismayed to find that while the clicking could be sped up
with the triplet/quarter note echo setting, I could not record onto it,
or get my straight signal through the JM (because I am not one to waste
an obnoxious sound when I find one).  Anyone have this happen to them?

Trev