New Roland Guitar Synth - Reactions?

( Sorry I'm missing the model # ) - Has anyone heard this unit? I've heard
that it actually builds waveforms upon the signal of the guitar itself, no
simple triggering (I am not speaking within my expertise here, so forgive
me
if this is wrong somehow). I guess it uses the new physical modeling
approach. Would anyone care to venture an opinion?

(I ask because I'm waiting for the ultimate guitar synth to do loops with!)