Re: noisy computers (was Re: Kyma)

I have to aggree with you guys.  I've been working with computers
on an almost daily basis for many years, but they just don't seem
to be as "useable" in a musical context as a dedicated unit w/
tactile controls (buttons & knobs).  But on the other hand, computer
sequencers are much more flexible than dedicated units.

One thing I'm trying that seems to be working well is putting the
CPU in a different room.  I poked a 2" hole in the wall and put
it on the other side (next to the sofa in my living room). Now my
'studio' (studio/darkroom/office/....) is very quiet.  It's actually
kind of weird to use a computer that doesn't make any noise.  There's
an article in last months Electronic Musician about cables to
do this.

jim