Re: tape looping Q's

I share your love of analog home-brewed solutions, but I don't know how to
make a reliable cassette loop. I always use 1/4" tape when I use tape, but
that's when I'm lucky enough to have two reels around and even then it's
pretty unstable. But it sounds cool anyway. BTW Are you talking about a
static loop? Or a regenerative loop?

If you have great amounts of patience, you could try taking apart two cheap
decks and rigging up a system like two reel decks feeding back - Oh, what
am
I saying? (My mind is filled with jumbled visions of erector sets, pulleys,
exposed tape heads and transports, and a lot of nerves of steel...I think
this is a project for the mechanically enclined).

<<
 hi-
  i'm new to the list, and even though i've perused the backcatalogue of
 the list, i could not really find any mentions of tape looping. forgive
 me if this stuff has been asked before, but what is the accepted method
 of constructing a cassette tape loop? i've been experimenting with
 different methods for weeks, but no luck. the tape always hitches or is
 too tight, or some annoying technical problem like that. i know that
 there is far better equipment out there, but this is the part of looping
 that really intrigues me, and i'm more into the lo-fi end of things. any
 help on this would be greatly appreciated.

 thanks,
 chris