Some of us never left

> I don't know of anyone eager to return to the days of
>twin reel-to-reels.

>John Pollock

Hey! I'm still doin' that street (check out my section on the list when it
gets posted - I just sent it in last week). Mainly for financial reasons,
but also because I don't do enough playing these days to justify the cost.
Besides, I still like what happens to the sounds sometimes, not to mention
the little surprises that occasionally come out of nowhere. OK, so those
be annoying as well, but I've seen many complaints here about the
gear too ;-). I've only really heard Fripp's work with the new type of
so can't really judge what others are doing with what's out there.
his soundscapes and such are very interesting, they are still quite
different from the old "Frippertronics" stuff. It's a bit like the
difference between a Mellotron and a string synth, or sampler even. While
both serve the same purpose, they sound considerably different (unless
a sample of a Mellotron :-]).

I don't want to sound like a ranter, or overly sensitive, but yes, there
still some of us out there. Didn't someone ask about this recently? If so,
drop me a line.

Jim B.